I did some experimenting this afternoon, and the result are Triple Chocolate Mint Muffins. They look fine, and they taste nice, but the recipe could be further optimized according to taste. I’m happy with the way they turned out, and I’m definitely doing them again.
– 2 cups of flour
– 1 cup of brown sugar
– 1 cup of white chocolate chips (I use white chocolate bars sliced in small chips)
– 1 cup of mint chocolate chips (I use After Eight mints sliced in small chips)
– 2 spoons of cocoa powder
– 1 tablespoon of baking powder
– 2 cups of yoghurt
– 1,5 cup of oil
Instructions (makes about 18 muffins)
1. Mix flour, sugar, white and mint chocolate chips, cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Add yoghurt and oil to the bowl and mix until smooth.
3. Transfer mixture into muffin pans filling each cup to about 2/3 full.
4. Bake at 200°C for about 15-20 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
5. Optional: For decoration I used whipped cream (2 dcL with a tablespoon of cocoa to add brownish colour) to cover the muffin top and added half of mint chocolate.
– according to your taste, more sugar or more chocolate chips can be added to the mixture (I prefer extra chocolate, though)
– any kind of chocolate chips can be used (I used what I had at hand)